Monday, September 22, 2008

I HATE COMPUTERS!!!


Both of my computers have decided to crap out on me. The main PC has been threatening for awhile now, and as this is not the first time, I am not even going to bother to figure out what is wrong with it. I might give it to a friend to take parts from it, or it will go in the trash after being kicked across the driveway. My laptop is bogged down as well. It wants to do a Windows Service pack update, but I am not set up to back up everything, so the thought of losing my stuff makes me very queasy. I am tempted to just buy a new PC, but spending that kind of money right now is not appealing to me. I need to update the laptop, get it some more memory and maybe a backup drive to help it out. We shall see. My friend is having issues with her computer as well and making me crazy with questions on how to deal with the latest error messages. She is lucky she knows how to turn it on, never mind make a decision on what is a virus or a real update. Ugh!

Computers Suck.

2 comments:

gennifer6 said...

I get that frustration too, and then suddenly you figure out how dependent upon them you really are. ;(

Michael Riley said...

Hi,

I am a computer technician with 25+ years of hands-on experience. I am able to save people a huge amount of frustration with their computer problems except people don't believe what I say.

Computers and printers, etc., are designed to fail. Usually right after the warranty expires. Sometimes they fail one day after the warranty sometimes 1-3 months after. The point is we are being lied to by the computer industry.

I see it clearly because of my experience. Other technicians say I am wrong. They don't know what I know. Google the "floppy controller defect" that is a defect that Toshiba (and the rest of the computer industry concealed...lied about)was sued for knowingly concealing. It is consumer fraud. I can stop this planned obsolescence.

https://sites.google.com/site/reallybigfix