Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Attempted Presence

"Maybe." "Is that so?" "This too shall pass."

These are going to be my responses to my mind's responses to what happens/is to happen. One of those phrases will be my response to another's thoughts on an event. I need to do as I am attempting to learn reading Eckardt Tolle's "A New Earth", and remain non-reactive.

I read "A New Earth" over 2 years ago. It was perfect to help me deal with the issues in my life at that time, but somehow I lost all I had learned and fell back into a state of over-reaction and mind-obsessed thinking. It's hard, but I am slowly taking control of my racing thoughts and raging emotions and accepting that which is/has been/will be.

As I drove home from work last week, I was doing the usual....obsessing on the list of negatives I find in my life. Something suddenly came to me, a quiet, calm voice in the background...."enough". The positives are so much more impressive and worth so much more of my time. That which I deem negative is only negative because I think of it as such. No more. Each day I remember what makes me content in life, what makes me smile...and I then do smile, inside and out.

There will be a new addition to our family! Her name is Dyna. She is a 3yr old Rhodesian Ridgeback/Shepherd cross. Dyna is a one of many Satos on the island of Vieques, Puerto Rico. Mom and I are adopting her from the same shelter from which I adopted my Vaquita. So many people ask me why I am adopting a dog from Puerto Rico and not from the local area, making accusations, as though I am betraying the animals in the local area. I have attempted to come up with an explanation as to why I choose a Sato. I do not need an excuse. Why does it matter from what location I find the dog, as long as I adopt a homeless animal. Vaquita and Dyna are just as deserving of a chance, as any dog I could find in a local shelter. Vaquita would have died had I not decided to adopt her, we were meant to be. I believe Dyna is meant to be with my Mom and Isis. Isis is lonely, she misses her sister and I believe would be happy with a companion. She can be tough to read with other dogs, but I have a good feeling about this match-up. Dyna should be arriving in the next month, we are all very excited.

This is Isis, a most wonderful gift in the life of my family.




This is Dyna....she will be welcomed with open arms...and hopefully open paws.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you email details on how to adopt a dog from vieques. my email is laaleta@gmail.com

read the book the Secret or watch the movie. The secrect is attraction. our mind can not distinguish between negative and positive thoughts. When we think of the negative things in our life we attract more of the same. When you have a negative thought flip it upside down to determine what you want. say in your mind or out load I want.... and then think of what you need to do/change to get that. Dave

gennifer6 said...

They're both beautiful, I hope Dyna's settling in alright with the others. I understand where those folks are coming from about adopting from local shelters, but adopting a dog is kind of like adopting a child, you don't just pick the first kid you come across, you have to find a child/dog that's suitable for your family and you can'treally limit yourself on options with something that important.
Good luck. Hang in there. ;)
G