Tuesday, May 13, 2008

When Will The Storm Pass?

I need to stop reading the news. I have a lot of down-time at work, therefore to keep boredom at bay I head right to the main news websites. I read about thousands of people dying from a cyclone and their government’s lack of effort to help them. I read about hundreds of young students being buried under the rubble of their school after an earthquake. I read about a Mother who throws her child out a window TWICE in order to kill the girl and then kills herself. I read about a Father who holds his daughter prisoner for over 20 years and fathers 7 children with her. All this horrid news is overwhelming. I wonder what the hell is happening out there. The weather is insane. I will not get into the Global Warming debate with anyone, but I will say...Mother Nature must be pissed. Then there is the incredibly awful behavior of people all over the world. I do not remember such atrocities in the past. People keep saying that before these events were not recorded, written about and discussed. I can accept that as part of the reason, but I also believe that it was never this bad. Something is happening.

I have been re-reading Eckhart Tolle’s “A New Earth”. I believe what he calls the Ego and the Pain Body, which exists in all of us, is the cause of the recent onslaught of negativity. Some people are beginning to slowly “awaken” and become aware of their own presence and consciousness and the ego’s are fighting back, causing violence. Because all our energies are connected to all things, connected to the energy of our planet, all the negativity is having an effect on the environment. I could be way off base, it could just be crazy weather and more crazy people, but it does not feel as though it is a simple weather issue or simply more open reporting. I worry about how bad it will get before the darkness finally parts and peace reins. I guess all I can do if work on myself and defeating my own inner “demons”.

No comments: