Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Blahs Need to Vamoose!

I am getting that blah/discontented feeling again. The fact that NOTHING seemed to go well yesterday could be part of it. One of the dogs has a major eye infection, work just totally sucked, my computer at home decided not to work again (time to get the hammer) and Dyna Dog ate one of my Mom's books, that I totally wanted to read. I am hoping my upcoming time-off from work will help. I will not call it vacation, as I will not be going away, just not going to work for a week. I am hoping for good weather and some time in my kayak and on my bike. I am looking forward to a Melissa Ethridge concert. Mom and I are going...girl's night. I think it will be fun.

Tonight the gals from Bookclub (or as the men call it, the Cult) are going to dinner and then to see Sex in the City, the movie. I never watched that show new, but do enjoy the re-runs. We will have fun, we always do. The ladies are good for me. I told them the new song by Lee Ann Rimes "A Good Friend and a Glass of Wine" reminds me of those ladies. We will have a nice dinner, some beer or wine and relax at the movies. I could use a laugh, those ladies always provide one!

1 comment:

gennifer6 said...

sounds like fun! I don't have cable so I've not seen SATC but I have thought for a while now about renting the DVDs and investing some time in it. I hope you all had a wonderful night, I'm sure it helped ease the blahs just a bit! ;)