Sunday, June 08, 2008

Winding Down

It has been a busy few days for me. Friday I was off from work, got my hair cut and then went to Boston with friends for dinner and the Red Sox game. It was a disappointing game, but a fun time with the ladies. Saturday I spent some time with the dogs, did the usual chores and then headed to CV's for a Triple Crown Party. Another disappointing sports event, but a really fun time with friends. By Sunday morning, I was beat, but off we went for a day of boating. Today was the maiden voyage for my new kayak. In between being the official "spotter" for those skiing or wakeboarding, I was out trolling the lake in my kayak. It was a beautiful day, but I am left with no physical energy, only my mind has anything left to give at this moment.

I wanted to stay home tonight, have a nice dinner and relax, which I have. I turned on the tv only to watch a beautiful, yet sad movie, "Mrs. Paltry at the Claremont". Though I would much rather think of the fun times I had this weekend and attempt to ignore the horrific sunburn I got on my bike ride yesterday, this movie has left me wondering what it is like to grow old. Many wonder what it would be like to know when he/she is going to die. I would not want to know, but what happens when one is elderly and knows that time is fleeting? In the movie, it seemed the elderly characters were all waiting to die. One woman stated, as the passed away in Mrs. Paltry's arms, that she has been waiting a long time for this moment. It was so sad to me, but how could I understand how she would have felt, as I have not lived through so much, lived such a long life. Compared to the senior characters in this movie, I have barely lived in my 31 years. It is amazing how time flies, how things change, how people change. No matter how long I live, I hope I continue to change, continue to grow. Two steps forward, sometimes one step back, yet there is still progress. I have to remind myself of that on a daily basis. Don't sweat the small stuff, because in the end, none of it matters. Right now matters. Right now I know that I am loved, that I am comfortable, that I am determined. Determined to do what? I am determined to be here, in the now....content.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pale skinned girl, and you still haven't learned that you need sunblock? lol, I still shake my head. :)