Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Censorship

I have edited my last blog post to remove parts of it which have cause intense upset in someone's life . I will never understand why my words would have such power, but for my friend's sake, I deleted it. My two friends are not upset about my using them as examples to explain my disdain for human relationships, so although I considered deleting the entire post, I decided to keep it. What I write in my blog is not meant to be any sort of personal attack, they are MY thoughts about things and I have every right to express them. I have had people attempt to censor/stifle my thoughts and ideas, and I will not allow it. I am too old to be bullied by anyone. My blog posts, when about personal issues, never reference anyone directly. There is never a mention of names, as I am someone who respects and desires anonymity. Unless I am sharing my own personal information, I do not offer details. These are my thoughts, as I try to process what I have learned. I am sorry for those who are insulted, angered or saddened by my ideas, but I offer no apologies for my attempt to sort out my own personal thoughts. I post a blog because writing helps me to think through issues in my life and I appreciate the comments of friends and fellow bloggers. It is for me, not for anyone else's benefit.

1 comment:

Melina said...

I know what you mean, my post is not anonymous and both my parents read this, as does all my friends.

Sometimes I think I might start another one that no one knows about (friends & family) because I feel that sometimes I can't talk about what frustrates me about say my mother. She would take it way to personally and it isn't personal she just bugs the crap out of me sometimes, I love her very much but she is set in her ways.

Write whatever you want Cairde, it is your blog and if they don't like it, maybe it's because they don't want to look inside themselves and realize wait, maybe she is right.

Don't censor yourself or stop writing. (I'm sure your friend isn't going to like my comment sorry).