Wednesday, June 06, 2007

It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

I love that song. Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet, for about four minutes, can make me travel off to a tropical island somewhere and almost smell the strawberry margarita in my hand. Ah well, a girl can dream...

My Sweetheart has a new nickname...Dr. Doolittle. No, he's not a vet....He is just an odd, intriguing and intelligent man who amazes all who know him with the strange facts he shares. This past Saturday morning, as I was finishing feeding the horses breakfast, CV called me up to the house. The brave corgi, Duncan, had discovered a LARGE snapping turtle backed up to the pool fence. Her not-so-brave sons (who are 23 and 26 I might add) were poking at it and attempting to figure out how best to move this creature without getting within 8 feet. To quote DV, "those suckers are fast." They decided to call "Dr. Doolittle" at 7am and ask him what they should do (and insinuate that he should come save his girlfriend from the jaws of a prehistoric beast). The Doc's suggestion, "leave it alone, it's a female laying eggs, she will leave when she is done." We were all dying, he says these things with complete confidence that it is true. You know what, I looked it up...he was right! He really is too much. I love my Dr. Doolittle. He declined to save us though, therefore the "men" decided to get the farm tractor, shove the turtle into the bucket and drive it down the street.....to the Doc's father's yard. Sick youngin's. :-)

I have a lesson tonight. Capall and I haven't had a lesson in over a month, due to my being sick, her being injured and our general mental states being against ring work. I rode her last night in the ring, then we went out back to hack around the bogs. She is being so good, I love that I can ride her on the buckle now and not worry about her spooking into a bog. She is still a wacky little mare, but we are back on track in the trust department. Hopefully we can show CV that we are back and ready to work.

2 comments:

Melina said...

I'm so jealous that you have a horse and get to go horseback riding all the time. I wish I could do that.

So if Dr. Doolittle was correct why did they move the turtle, shouldn't it have been left alone to lay its eggs.

Cairde said...

One of their dogs had his front leg removed this year...they figured risking the removal of the other front leg by this "monster" to be a bit too risky. :) Three Nosey (not so bright) dogs and one large snapper just didn't seem to mix.