Friday, June 01, 2007

Tired

I am beat. Three day work weeks are just as stressful, if not more than a regular work week. Nothing seemed to be easy and sadly it keeps getting worse. I have a bad feeling about my vacation. I am taking the week off for July 4th, and I fear my return will be my breaking point. The screw-ups which ensued when I took just one day off were too much, so imagine an entire week.

Not too much planned for the weekend. The barn is in a state of chaos. All the mares (including my little wacko) are in season, the boys are acting crazy and we have two new horses after tonight. CV and I are at our wits end trying to figure out who can go next to whom and which field to use. I think I have asked her to remind me about 20 times why I like horses...it's not easy sometimes to remember. Naw, I love them...just want to let them all go 20% of the time. :-)

Money is beyond tight lately. Between Kayla's meds, my horse's vet needs and various other necessities, I have found my bank account at it's lowest point since I was unemployed 7 years ago. I am hoping things will settle down soon and I can build it back up to a respectable/less fearful amount.

Ok, there is some sort of creature smashing against my window screen....going to be a rough night. Thunderstorms, large flying insects and no sweetie with whom to sleep. I had to come home, as little J-Bird is with Daddy tonight. It is best, but alas, that fact does not make leaving him any easier at night. I guess that is what stuffed animals are for, eh?

Sweet dreams to all...I hope.

1 comment:

ducki said...

Glad you made it through the night girlie =)