Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ah Well

I probably can not get the new puppy for another three weeks. After hearing that news, I had myself a bigtime mental temper tantrum. The little me in my head was jumping up and down and whining.."I want my puppy NOW". LOL Hey, it's a human trait to want instant gratification, can't help it. I am better now though, she will be worth waiting for.

I was allowed to finally change my hours at work. I backed them up a half hour, 7am-3pm. I am hoping to have a bit more time in the evening to exercise and spend with my new puppy (when she FINALLY arrives...ok, so maybe I am still a bit whiney about it. hee hee). The traffic is so rough, especially in the afternoon, hopefully leaving here earlier will shorten my commute a bit. It took about a week for my boss to make the decision, which should have been a fairly easy one. My arriving earlier in the afternoon will make life easier for my drivers and foreman, as they will not have to wait as long for paperwork in the morning. Most of my rush time is first thing when I get in, so this should make life not so crammed.

I still ran into moron commuters who apparently can not read numbers, as they never get to the posted speedlimit, some going even 15mph below the speedlimit. It makes me so crazy to be behind someone going 35-40 in a clearly marked 50mph zone. I can understand large, loaded trucks, but a regular car??? Then there are those people who don't think they should have to use their turn signal....they should be slapped around a few times. Last time I checked, a turn signal was standard in EVERY car and if it does not work...get it fixed ya cheap S.OB! It just strikes me as utterly inconsiderate to go as slow as you want, and then suddenly stop to turn without warning. Are people doing it on purpose or are they just that oblivious to the fact that they are not the only people on the road? Argh! There is not enough coffee in Columbia to help deal with these bozos in the morning.

No comments: