Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hump Day...

So, I am on day 3 without my Vaquita at work with me. She was banned. "Why" you ask? Good question. I received an email last week when I was out sick, from my cowardly boss, stating that I would "need to find other arrangements for the dog." She would sleep ALL day, waking a few times to have a snack or go outside for a potty-break, but apparently that was disruptive to an office where men are constantly yelling and swearing at each other. The guys keep coming into my office asking where the puppy is, she made them smile before heading out to a shitty day of work. Can't have that, can't have happy employees! I guess when one is a "ball-less" boss, one must flex his muscles whenever he can, even if it does make one of his most valuable employees even more disgruntled.

Things have been rough lately, between my being sick as all hell, my horse being a complete wing-nut, and my Guy having a bad time with his custody battle, it is hard to grasp onto the good times. He and I have been trying to wind down the days by relaxing in the hottub at night, but even the steamy water can not melt away the tensions of late. We were able to escape for a short time, heading to the Boat Show in Newport, RI on Sunday. Doing that was nice. It was fun to walk onto those beautiful boats and pretend for a few minutes that one of them was ours. My favorite boat was on sale....only $375K! A steal really... Must be nice, that's all I can say.

Tonight should be fun. We are going to dinner with our serogate family for my "little brother's" birthday. DV is turning 23...ah, to be that young again. This will be the first time in about 15 years that my Guy and CV's husband have sat down in a room together. They worked together for years, but had a falling out and my Guy is not one who forgives easily. We have broken down the barrier though, as he did not have much choice. That family is now a permanent part of my life, love me...love my extended family. He does love them, he used to babysit the boys and even change their diapers. They are his little brothers and two of his best friends. He just had to forgive KV for past bullshit, and it appears he finally has done so. I am very happy for that fact and so is KV. My Guy is very STUBBORN, so to know him is to know that getting over the past is HUGE. Big day...momentous even. :-)

No comments: