Thursday, September 27, 2007

Protein Shakes...Yuck!

My Chiro has informed me that if I do not eat more protein that I will age faster, have more wrinkles, become depressed and senile. Of course, in the near future, he is more concerned about my building muscle and healing the damage I have done to myself already. My back has been pretty wrecked as of late, 99% of the cause is stress. Some people get cranky when they are stressed, some eat, some don't eat...I injure my back. I am working to relieve some of the stress, but I also need to repair the current damage...hopefully be able to ride my horse and workout again soon.

I do not eat red meat, poultry or pork, therefore my protein must come from seafood. The doc said that proteins from vegetable/bean based foods are not as beneficial as animal-based proteins. I also do not have time for more than a bowl of cereal for breakfast, and normally skip dinner. We calculated I was eating 10-15grams of protein a day..and I need 70! I have been drinking Boost with Protein and eating as much seafood as I can find. I took the doc's advise and picked up a container of a protein shake powder and though I tried, I just can't drink it. It is awful!!! Maybe it is this type, maybe I need to mix it in a blender with ice (and a shot of Bailey's), but as is...no way Jose! I will work on it though. I will try anything at this point.

On a more positive note, I got the new/old job. They will give me a BIG raise and let me keep my hours, so that is sweet. I can not wait to get out of here. I am going to use my last week of vacation in the next month, as I am sure they will hold me as long as they can. Ah well, my time will come.

Bookclub (or as my Guy calls it, the "Cult") is meeting next week. We have been reading "Marching Powder" by Rusty Young. If anyone is into really crazy NON-Fiction, this is a great read. The story is about an English man who lives in a Bolivian Prison. This prison is like nothing one could ever imagine. I am still in shock as what I have read. I highly recommend this one. The discussion should be interesting.

The Lipizzaner Stallions are coming to the area..and I am going! I saw them years ago and loved it. A group of us is going next week to see them, it should be a really good time, as three couples are going together...Three horse women and three NON-horse men. The men will be pleasantly surprised. I brought a guy I used to date the first time I saw this show and he really enjoyed it, despite his animosity toward horses. I can't wait, there is nothing more amusing than proving the sarcastic men wrong. :-)

No comments: