Friday, September 21, 2007

Now Honey...Don't Be Mad.

My Guy left work early yesterday to go fishing with his buddy. They have gone a few times this year, but not until last night did they catch anything. I was very proud of him, and it was good that he got out to relax and have fun with one of the guys. His friend could not believe I did not call him while they were out. Like my Guy said, I never call. I knew where he was and have things to do myself. I mean, if it was midnight and I had not heard from him, I might call out of worry, but I will only call once. I am not a nag.

Which brings me to the amusing story I just heard from my boss....Who, I might add, is constantly in trouble with his wife.

B had gone fishing with some buddies last Saturday night. He called the Wife to tell her that they were all going to a local bar for a few beers after fishing. Well, they did not end up at the bar, instead they ended up at a poker game. Now I am sure it was bad enough that B was playing poker, as his Wife is constantly on him about money, but to top it all off, he did not get home until 3am...bombed out of his mind. She alerted his nextel a minimum of 10x and left him four voice messages. He sat there thinking, as the phone kept ringing..."If I answer it now, I will get yelled at now and again when I walk through the door. If I don't answer it, I will just get yelled at once, when I get home." B decided to go with option 2. He discoverd option 2 was not a good idea. As he staggered through the door, totally shitfaced, with his bag of MacDonald's chicken nuggets and fries, the Wife was MAD. He said he just sat on the couch, eating his nuggets, while she let explitories fly and chastised him for being late and not calling. He could not argue, she was right and he was too drunk to defend himself.

So, I am wondering....What should he have done? He is 30-something years old, works hard, takes care of the two kids all the time, but likes to have fun sometimes and over-indulge. I am not married, so maybe I can not quite comprehend, but I think other than being a bit pissed because I worried, what could I really say. He's an adult. My Guy doesn't usually stay out that late and doesn't get totally drunk, so maybe I am just lucky.

I just had to laugh. Knowing his Wife, his options sucked. It made for an amusing story for the rest of us though.

No comments: