Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Finally Time to Post

Well, this is my last week in my current office. Beginning Monday, I will be the technical goofball at corporate again. My friends there are excited to have me back, hoping I will lighten up the mood at corporate, but I am all set with getting into trouble for being too "happy" at the job again. I am planning on slapping on the headphones, turning up the music and going into the ZONE.

It's a slow day here, which is fine. I have not done much packing and have a lot of desk cleanup to do. It's amazing what one collects after only two years. Am I sad? Yes, somewhat. It would have been easier if I was allowed to leave a few weeks ago, when I was all riled up and pissed off at this place. Things have been more amicable as of late, making it harder to say goodbye. I know though, that nothing has changed, and the same old bullshit simply lingers in the background. Like the song "Smiling Faces Sometimes..." states;

Smiling faces sometimes pretend to be your friend
Smiling faces show no traces of the evil that lurks within.

Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes they don't tell the truth, uh
Smiling faces, smiling faces tell lies and I got proof.


I know the same old back-stabbing is going on, I just am not bothering to look for it anymore. They are angry I am "abandoning" them all, but if they really thought about it, they would know why and be truly ashamed.

The pup has been a bad Vaquita. She tried to bite my guy yesterday when he reprimanded her for chewing on my shoe. I got home to find her in the crate looking utterly guilty. She is a skittish little dog and definitely only trusts me, but she can not be biting people who try to pick her up. I guess I have to work harder on discipline, trouble is, I can not seem to make her mad enough to nip at me. We'll see, but she better cut the crap. Daddy is NOT HAPPY.

I had a scary day yesterday! I had brought my car to get new tires on Monday. One of the new tires had a hole in it, so I had to pick the car up with three new ones and one old one, but drove it home with no problem. On the way to work, the car was making an awful rattling noise. I thought maybe one of the tires was flat, so I got out and kicked the three new ones, they seemed fine. I didn't bother with the old tire, figuring it was not touched. Well, the noise got worse by the time I traveled the 30 miles to work, so I had one of the guys here drive it for me. He did not drive very far when he was sure something was very wrong. He jacked it up and after shaking the one old tire, realized it was VERY loose. The lugnuts were turned about once by hand, and fell off when he just put the lug wrench on them. I was told by all the guys that I was VERY lucky to have made it all that way without the tire falling off. It would have been a very different day for me if I had lost the tire. I am dropping the car off tonight for the fourth tire, and I am quite sure after the "chat" my Guy had with him, all my tires will be quadruple checked for tightness and if I need a new rim because of what happened, it will promptly be replaced. I had a guardian angel on my shoulder yesterday, for that I am very thankful!

2 comments:

gennifer6 said...

congratulations on the relocating, the crap is just what we get because people's heads aren't right, in the workplace or the world. ;)

Hope the baby gets better with your man; that can be a tough one.

ducki said...

The same thing happened to my mom when she had her tires replaced. I don't know if they try to fit too many cars in a day or what but they are so sloppy and someone is going to get killed. =( I'm glad you are ok girl!

Your baby is darling. Once she gets a little bigger and has more time around your guy I'm sure she won't be as scared.