Monday, November 26, 2007

A Manic Monday

Holiday #1 of the "holiday season" is now behind us...thank goodness. I am not saying it went badly, but it was just one more thing to deal with, at a time when it seems too much is going on. The actual day didn't go too badly, except that I forgot to make the green bean casserole. The guys were picking on me, though they admitted there was already far too much food and it would just have been more wasted leftovers. I had enough on my mind, worry about the horses in freakish 60F weather. They were all feeling punky, but luckily no one got sick.

I had a chiropractor appointment on Friday, and foolishly figured I could run a couple errands beforehand. I went over to Petco for some dog food and was nearly run over 4 times in the parking lot. People were nuts. I then attempted to buy a filing cabinet for the house, but of course, none in stock of the type and color I wanted. My appointment with the chiro was fun as usual. He asked me how I mess myself up so badly, if I work at it, or it comes naturally. Smartass! Fix it and shut up, I say! He told me I need to stretch. I suck at stretching, but I was the good little patient and went out and bought the book he suggested. I am going to try to stretch myself into a chiro-free life.

I met up with a couple friends yesterday for lunch. It was so good to see them. We gals have not gotten together in far too long, I miss them terribly. I get so busy with work, the dogs and the horses, I forget to take some time for palling around. I spent the rest of the afternoon getting a gift for my Guy. Friday is his b-day. I think I did well. I am pretty sure he will really like one of the gifts. The other gift, he will probably tell me is too much, but I wanted to get him something he would not buy himself. I think it will be an interesting day. I told him I was taking Friday off to follow him around at work and hang balloons on each piece of equipment he uses on the job. Balloons on the excavator, more balloons on the bulldozer, and even more balloons all over his own truck. Haaa. I got the ole' Roll of the Eyes on that one. He knows I am kidding. I am taking the day off though, I do need to do some annoying decorating for his birthday. :-)

Happy Monday...NOT! It started off with the two idiot labs taking off in the rain this morning. Lucky for them, my Vaquita comes when I call her. I felt awful losing the dogs, but my Guy said "fuck em," they can stay in the rain. He did go home later to check and found them in their doghouse in the kennel. Jerks, making me worry. They are now spending the day outside and I am not letting them out anymore. They will have to wait until their Father gets out of bed and lets them out. To top off the stomach ache I had from worrying about Dumb and Dumber running the streets all morning, my Mom calls in tears. She locked her keys in her running car. There wasn't much I could do from work, so I could only make suggestions. What a mess...last I heard, she was waiting on someone from Ford Service to come down and help her. They give free roadside assistance on new vehicles. Phew, lucky for that!

Anyway, the week has to get better. CV is back from her vacation, so I have back up at the Farm. It's only a four day work week for me, which always makes things brighter. Also, for once, I have someone's birthday gifts way ahead of time and don't have to rush around the day of. I even bought a card...how friggin' good am I? Ha!

No comments: