Sunday, July 06, 2008

Sad to say, but my time off is about over. I took tomorrow off to give me one day on my own, but I have a doctor's appointment in the afternoon, not looking forward to it. The week was pretty good. I think the best part was Tuesday night. Mom and I went to see Melissa Ethridge at the Music Circus in Hyannis and it was an AMAZING show. Melissa and her band were insanely great. I was enraptured by them all the entire time. She came onstage at 7:30pm and did not stop until 10:30pm, and the show did not lack in talent and thrill the entire time! I am definitely going to make a point to see her again.

I finally got my kayak out today. I was out for a nice quiet ride down a local river, saw tons of turtles, birds and strange fish...it was great. I would have loved to have my camera and maybe some company, but it was great to have some quiet time with Nature. I just looked down now to realize sunscreen would have been a good idea. I swear I am NEVER going to learn. :( Maybe someday red will be my color. Hee hee.

A friend of mine was home for the week and I never got to see her. I am so upset. I suck at getting my shit together with just a week of vacation for time. The days seem to fly by. I told my Mom that going boating Wednesday messed me all up, but really, that's a sad excuse. I had so much to do, at least some of it should be done. I wanted to see my friends, I wanted to have a plumber come install a hot-water tank in the house, I wanted to buy a pellet stove for Mom. I will get some of those things done, but I am once again disappointed with myself.

Yesterday sort of topped off the insanity of my week. I headed out to the local Rite Aid looking for a few essentials and as I pulled out onto the street, I ran over some sort of metal pin (at least 6 inches long and an inch in diameter). It stuck into my BRAND NEW tire and bore a hole into my rim. I now have to buy another tire and find a Toyota wheel to replace the mess I have now. I have no car for at least the next week, going to have to drive my Guy's F350 Superduty, supercab pickup truck. Let's see, what do I not have money for.....a new tire, a new wheel and the diesel to fill that truck's tank and drive to work every day this week. It's not a good sign when two men who have worked around trucks/cars and other motorized equipment their entire lives say that they have NEVER seen anything like what happened to my tire/wheel. Yay me..should I be proud or very sad? :*(

1 comment:

gennifer6 said...

I'm glad to hear you and Mom had a wonderful time at the Etheridge show, she is quite an artist (and person!).

Sorry to hear things seem to be coming out of the woodwork at you. It seems like all the dumb little things that could happen just to be an annoyance have decided to gang up on you. We know life isn't fair, but sheesh! ;(

Good thing you were able to enjoy parts of your vacation. And there's still plenty of summer left to make more plans for the things you didn't get to do yet. ;)
Hang in there, girl.