Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Tip of the Iceberg

I am trying very hard today to not let everything upset me, but as things just are not going well, it is not easy. Nothing seems to be going my way, and just when I think it is, I get shot back down the to the depths of reality.

My back had started to feel better the past two weeks. I have been working very hard; exercising, riding my bike, stretching, and TRYING not to get stressed. I rode my horse a couple times last week and was getting excited to finally get to riding on a regular basis again. Well, my body disagreed. Suddenly Saturday, my knee gave out. I have no idea what happened, but my knee is so sore I can barely walk and have to drag myself up and down stairs. I did fall at the barn on Thursday, but as it was not a direct hit on the knee joint, I don't' see why that would be the cause. I think I just over-did the exercise, but goddamn it...I was trying to get better. Now I can't do anything, no bike, no horse, no stair climbing, no walking the dog. I am very frustrated and depressed, I feel like someone is telling me to just stay in bed. I want/need to get back to working out...SOON!!

My cell phone has decided not to work in the past few months. I believe Nextel is shutting down tower service to Nextel phones, forcing us to switch to a Sprint plan. Well I am not! I do not want any of the Sprint plans and refuse to pay more for cell service. I am currently involved in a rather hostile email chain with one of Sprint's flunkies and if he doesn't give me what I want, they can kiss my business goodbye.

My vet is also trying to screw me. It is pissing me off lately that the vets are all becoming so goddamn commercialized and it is all about money. They want to run tests that will tell them what we already know, rather than treat the dog for a disease we KNOW she has and should have gotten a second treatment for anyway. Let's see...pay full blood chemistry for $200, then pay $50 for the meds I know I need or just pay the $50 now and make the dog feel better. Assholes...it's all about the mighty dollar!

The electrician I hired to wire our new hot water tank has never done one before and does not know how to do part of the job. Excuse me, but information that would have been useful YESTERDAY! So I have to pay him to do part of the job and then pay someone else to do the other part, all the while the plumber is waiting to finish his job. If this electrician was not a friend of a friend, he would be out on his toolbelt.

My local grainstore is on my shitlist as well. I do not go often, as it is out of the way, so I like to stock up on grain for the horses. I also wait until I only have a few days left to go, as I want to use up the old feed, especially in these hot days. Well,they did not have one of the grains I always buy and to top it off, the idiot didn't know WHEN they would have them. COULD YOU CHECK? I am feeding horses here, can't just not feed them, ya know? Well, I am switching grains now as I can not be waiting on this particular grain to come in, so now I have to go back and get the new type and carefully switch over the horses....all in my "spare time".

Anyway...those issues are only the tip of the iceberg of what is pissing me off today. If I wrote it all down I be here most of the day. :(

1 comment:

gennifer6 said...

OMG! You've been busy writing, haven't you?
Hopefully getting some of this crap off your chest writing it down helps you feel better. ;)