Monday, December 15, 2008

10 Steps Back

Until this past weekend, I was feeling pretty confident that my back problems would be done with by summer. I felt strong, any pain was short-lived...I was optimistic. That marvelous feeling did not last. I let things bring me down, many that I should have let roll off.

Who gets poison ivy in the winter? Me! I am guessing that what the dog ran through a week ago, when she randomly decided to veer off the path, was poison ivy or some other rash causing plant. Lucky me, I touched her right afterward and Whammo! I now have itchy blisters on my neck, above my eye and on my hand. I wake up scratching, only to make it all worse. I am just about bathing in Caladryl.

A friend of mine wants a job back with the corporation for which I work. Why, I will never know. She hated it here, got a job with a better company and now wants back in here. She has applied for a few jobs, only to be passed over. I knew of a job that would be posted at some point, but did not know when. She is now upset with me because I did not push her resume on the supervisor who would do the hiring for this new posting back months before it was ever posted. I knew he would not hold onto it, they have to wait for a posting from HR. Yet, she now believes I do not want her back here. I am left angry at the accusation and wondering how/why I get myself involved in this bullshit. "Don't take it on"...I need to remember that advice!

The passing of my very good friend's Father has brought me to a solemn place. I wish I could make her feel better, but I know only time can heal. He has been ill for a long time now. The kicker of it all is the fact that her Mother died on the exact same day six years prior! What are the chances? Does this make it easier because she already hated this date, and now can continue hating it, just double as much? Or does this fact make it worse, one unbelievably bad date in time?

2 comments:

Cairde said...

Update....my friend gave a wonderful eulogy about her father, and in it, she made a great point. In her mind, her father waited to "go" until the date his wife had passed away so many years ago....demonstrating that their stong love still survived, despite all the time that had passed. I thought that was a beautiful way to think about it. She is truly amazing!

gennifer6 said...

That's great, I'm glad she's looking it at it that way. It will help her get through this much better. ;)