Friday, December 19, 2008

My Movie


Many times I wish I were an artist. If I could draw the images I have in my head, possibly it might help others understand my thoughts a bit better, possibly it might help me understand me a bit better.

As of late, I have been attempting to picture what my life is, in general. What do I see? I see myself, sitting between what appear to be two movie reels. One of the world, other people's lives, those close to me, people I run into throughout my day and the world population. Behind me is a reel displaying my own life, my dreams, my desires, my passions. I face the images that are not my own, but those of others. I watch to learn, I watch because I want to find a way to make the lives of those around me better. On occassion I turn to look at the images of myself, but that reel moves faster. The more I reach for it, the faster it flies past. Why can't I turn around and concentrate on me? Why can't I grab those dreams and desires and make them a reality? Why do I concentrate so much on the joys and troubles of others, while my own fly past me at lightening speed? I want "my movie" to move forward, not backward as it appears to me. I want to jump into the future and move with it...not watch it flow past.

Someday I will make my "movie"...something I will love to watch!

1 comment:

gennifer6 said...

Keep trying, girl. Just keep trying. ;)