Thursday, August 09, 2007

Busy Busy Busy

My friends tease me because I hate to have more than one social engagement in one weekend. This coming weekend, I have four! Serenity Now! Why does having so much to do wig me out? I guess because I am so busy during the week, my mind/body/soul crave a day of having NOTHING to do. Now, when I say "nothing", I certainly do not mean to imply I do nothing. I am not someone who sits around just watching television or "vegging" out. I like to keep busy, but it is the lack of a schedule I desire. My "to-do" list is extensive and does not seem to ever diminish. The thought of taking at least one or two items off the list makes the weekend a good one.


Friday night the pup arrives. I have to be at the airport by 6pm to pick her up. I will be meeting up with the woman from the Humane Society. My Guy and I are disappointed that the flight is coming so early, as we were hoping to grab dinner at the Rock Bottom Restaurant in Braintree first. We love that place!! There will not be any time for dinner before hitting the airport, so the seared ahi and beer I love so much, will have to wait. Once I have the pup, I doubt I will want to do more than get her home and make sure she is ok.


The pup will have to come along to the barn with me in the morning to feed breakfast. I would like to get a chance to ride my horse after breakfast, but with the pup and the preparation for the barn party that afternoon, I doubt I will have time for a relaxing hack. I have not had time this week to get any of the food/drink for the party and I would like to help set up. CV is busy enough without having the worries of party set-up. I can not wait to see everyone though. Kev is coming, I miss him soooo much. He is a riot, so it should be a ton of fun. Three of the guests have either had a birthday or are going to have one soon, so I am bringing the champagne for a toast or two and one of the girls is bringing her "Famous Chocolate Cake." Last year the party brought tear-streaming laughter and some crazy pictures, so this year I am looking forward to a great time. Hopefully we can keep Little Duncan, the corgi, from getting drunk like he did last year. He kept drinking out of any cups left low enough, and licking up all the spilled alcohol. He had a hell of a hangover the next day. Nothing worse than a corgi with a hangover, though his headache kept him for his normally constant barking.


Sunday is supposed to be a great weather day, which means we will be going out on the boat. I am tempted to bag out of the boating activities, but unless we find someone else over 12, the two guys will not be able to ski without getting into trouble with the harbor master. I guess I will have to see how my back feels. I can't risk hurting it further by riding on the boat all day again. I certainly will not be riding the tube any more this year.


Sunday night I have dinner plans with a friend I have not seen in years. She and I used to work together, then once she left we met for dinner every few months. She got married about 2 years ago and is now having her first baby! I am so excited for her. We have been trying to get together for months, but like she said, we are running out of time. Her baby is due next month! I am sure she will be crazy busy with the new baby, so best to catch her while the baby is still in "tummy-tow".


I am taking this coming Monday off. I want to spend more time with the puppy, plus I am going to be taking my new friend out. She is the daughter of one of my Guy's friends. She is a great kid, only 10 years old, smart and very polite. She loves horses, so we are going to go to the barn and see all my pony-friends and hopefully grab an icecream while we are out. I felt terrible cancelling this past Monday on her, so I definitely need to take her out this coming Monday. The puppy has her first vet appointment in the States Monday afternoon. I want her to be in their files and make sure all is well with my new baby.


How's about I add some cuteness to my blog? Here's another pic of the little sweetie!





1 comment:

Melina said...

Wow you do have a busy weekend.

The puppy is so ADORABLE!!!

Have a great weekend and try to find some time to relax