Tuesday, August 07, 2007

It Was A Good Thing

The pup was supposed to arrive this past Friday, but due to a fever, she could not be shipped. I was very disappointed. I had made special arrangements to pick her up, changed plans, and then was told it was not going to happen. I have so been looking for something to change in my life for the better, so the last thing I wanted was to be denied one thing I was sure would put a big smile on my face.

After the weekend I had, I realize it was for the best that the pup did not arrive. My Guy wanted to go out on his boat, so his friend with whom we normally go boating came, along with his two kids and for the first time this year, J-bird was around to come. Normally I am the spotter while the guys are skiing. I also drive the boat when they want to ride the tube together, but this time I wanted to do more. I decided to get in the tube. BAD IDEA! It is a three-person tube, so I was on one side, one of the kids in the middle and my guy on the other side. He kept asking if I was ok, and I was, it did not hurt while we were moving. His friend kept the boat pretty slow, speeding up a couple times to mess with me. The trouble began when the boat stopped....and I tried to move. OUCH! I slid into the water and tried to swim to the boat. No deal, I could not move my legs because my displaced hips were pulling on my lower back. It was bad, they drove over and picked me up. My face was sheet white and I bit my tongue to hold back the tears. I stayed on the boat so the guys could still ski (as I was the only spotter over 12). It was a rough afternoon. As we drove home, I thought how it was a good thing I was not going home to a new puppy. I could not have even walked her. I then had to go to CV's house and put her dogs in, one of which was freaking out because of an impending storm and had to be tranquilized. I spent an hour trying to wrangle the dogs into the house. At this point, I was spent and all set with dogs!

Sunday brought its own stresses. A court appointed laison was coming to the house to meet with J-bird and see how she and My Love interact. I made myself scarce, as this is not my place, but before she came, I could see the tension on his face. He was cleaning the house, vacuuming up the dog's hair on the carpet. I can imagine what one more dog would have done to his stress level that day. I would not have wanted to add anymore to his day.

Though I was sad about the puppy and would have liked to have seen her, there was a reason she did not come, a universal purpose. It it true, everything happens for a reason.

No comments: