Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's Official

I have a new baby girl! She arrived Friday night around 6:36pm, 5lbs, 5oz! She is a tiny tot!!! My Guy and I met up with the girl from the humane society at the airport and as she took this miniscule spotted dog out of a bag carrier, my first thought was, "where is the rest of her?". I expected a chunky dalmation type puppy, but who cares, she is adorable. The Brat calls her "The Rat". Big brute, but he likes her. She is a sweetie, though still skittish and not grasping the no potty-breaks in the house or in the crate rule. We will have to work on that issue.

Her name is Vaquita. It means "little cow" in spanish. They named her that at the shelter and because she responds to it, I decided it worked for me. She has had such a rough start to her little life, including our pulling about 50 tiny ticks off her this past weekend. I have the most patient boyfriend in the world! That fact was proven Friday night when he pulled ticks out from between the toes of this pup and her ears at 11 o'clock at night, after driving over an hour to Boston to pick her up. I love my Guy!

I have brought the baby to work with me the past couple days. She still isn't at the peak of health and it's easier to work on house-breaking if she is with me. She snoozes all day in my office and everyone loves her. Johnny says she is our new mascot. I will have to get her a hardhat and T-shirt. Too bad she can't get a salary too!

I will be sure to take some pics and post them. Hopefully we can show a growth progression, because if my Mom asks "when is she going to grow?" one more time, I might start to get insulted. Hee hee.

2 comments:

Melina said...

Congrats to your new addition.

Have you taken her to the vet? Is she going to be okay? Poor thing all those ticks, that can't be good.

Can't wait to see all of the pictures.

Cairde said...

Yep, she went Monday. Surprisingly no tick-related illnesses detected. She is finally started to perk up and play, so I think we are out of the woods. :)