Thursday, August 23, 2007

"Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life"

A friend of mine sent me an article describing the meaning of the Tao Te Ching. I recommend everyone read this article. http://www.theglobalintelligencer.com/aug2007/arts

I would give anything to be able to make these words my reality.

Most people have too much;
I alone seem to be missing something.
Mine is indeed the mind of an ignoramus
in its unadulterated simplicity.
I am but a guest in this world.
While others rush about to get things done,
I accept what is offered.
I alone seem foolish,
earning little, spending less.
Other people strive for fame;
I avoid the limelight,
preferring to be left alone.
Indeed, I seem like an idiot:
no mind, no worries.

I drift like a wave on the ocean.
I blow as aimless as the wind.

All men settle down in their grooves;
I alone am stubborn and remain outside.
But wherein I am most different from others is
in knowing to take sustenance from the great Mother!

No comments: