Monday, December 17, 2007

That Time of Year

Christmas is fast approaching and once again, I am not ready for it. I have the two major gifts done, which is a huge weight off my shoulders. My Mom is all set and so is my Guy. I have not finished getting the little things or anything for all my friends. I haven't even mailed the damn Christmas cards. Oh well, I get myself into the same predicament every year and the world never ends.

This winter is going to be a doozy. We have already had two bigger storms and I have come to the realization that my car is a piece of shit in the snow, even with new tires. I am NEVER driving in the snow again. I had a terrible time and was petrified. It is time to rethink my ownership of this automobile. The trouble is, what I want/need, cost more money than I think I can spend and money is tight right now. I am going to keep my eyes open, pinch the pennies and crunch the numbers. It will work out. I have a guy in my life who is really smart about vehicle purchases and can wheel and deal with the best of them. He will make sure I am safe and happy.

I am so excited! My Mom got me an exercise bike for Christmas. I did a ton of research, and due to my back problems, a good choice is a recumbent exercise bike. I can not wait for it to arrive!! I have been working hard at sticking to the high protein/low fat diet, stretching and ab-work. Adding the bike to my regimen should really help me get fit and diminish my back pain/weakness greatly. This is going to be a promising/positive New Year...I am determined to make it so!

No comments: