Monday, November 27, 2006

I'm Sorry.....WHAT?

Ok. I need some opinions on this one. A comment was made to me via email from someone with whom I converse often at work, but have never met in person.

I was talking about how I sat with my friend's dogs on Thanksgiving, attempting to convince them to go out and pee despite the windswept rainstorm outside. The response to my statement shocked me...

"Well, encouraging bodily needs seems to be your calling."

To which I responsed, "Umm, not sure how to take that."

"You tend to the most basic of people's needs."

Now, am I the only one who feels like I was being called a whore or something? Is that comment not odd?? WTH?!

I was told it was a compliment. Umm, Ok....




*Side Note: In case anyone is worried I was really hurt, I honestly laughed when I read the email..just thought how goddam odd. This proceeded an attempt by me to explain to this person how sometimes we need to reread or think before speaking...see if it's something that may get us smacked. He disagrees...ah well, luckily it takes more to offend me these days. :)

No comments: