Sunday, November 19, 2006

A Surreal Life

The weekend has gone pretty well. Friday night I saw a friend I haven't seen in many months. I always have fun with her, she is a great, encouraging, kind person. She told me a story about her summer that was so damn hot I nearly had to run home and take a cold shower....Latin men...ooo laa laa. LOL

Last night I went out with my cousin. D and I do not see each other very often. She is a busy mother of three and I am just doing my thing, which regrettably doesn't include visiting my family. When I was young, I so wanted to be like D. She was beautiful, smart, had a horse and seemed to have so much fun. She is 12 years older than I am, so I could not expect her to want to hang out with her little cousin. Now, as adults, the age difference does not seem to matter. We can talk about anything, laugh about life and be friends. I am glad to be friends with both my older cousins. They are great ladies and I know that whenever I need them, I can pick up the phone or get into my car and have a good friend by my side. I need to see them more often. Time goes by so quickly, and it is far too easy to turn around and wonder what I have been doing, what was more important than seeing those I love. Nothing.

I have been craving to go out and take some photos lately. Of course, now that I am constantly seeing things I don't want to forget, I do not have any batteries for my camera. I need to get to the store and pick some up, but again..time seems to fly by and I never make it. Yesterday I was out in the cranberry bogs riding my horse and from the top of a hill we could see all the deep red bogs, so beautiful. I would have like to have gotten a picture of that scene. It seems even Capall stops at the top of that hill, takes a deep breath and just looks out at the beauty below. Those pauses in life are the times I most treasure, the times when I can stop and be amazed by Nature and appreciate the amazing life around me. Those times need to occur more often, I need to slow down and smile.

No comments: