Monday, November 20, 2006

Wake Up Wake Up Wake Up

I am having a hard time keeping my eyes open. I did not sleep more than an hour last night, tossing and turning, then wide awake, sitting up at 3:15am. Work is quiet, so I figured I would just write to keep my attention. I am technically supposed to be on a conference call, but seeing as I am about as interested in PO Change orders as my steak-loving boss is in eating tofu, I decided it would not help me stay alert.

I feel terrible today. Mother Nature is again punishing me for not getting knocked-up, so I am having cramping pains throughout my entire body. I contemplated staying home today as I rolled around on the floor this morning, moaning, but I toughed it out (ten Ibuprofen and and one allergy pill later). I am glad this is a short week at work, but Carol is away, so I am in charge of both the barn and her dogs all week. Her little Corgi, Duncan, has never gone more than a night without her, so this week ought to be quite interesting. I figure once or twice I will take him for a ride on her golf cart so he can bark himself into exhaustion as we cruise around the farm. (Mental Note: purchase more Ibuprofen and large amounts of migraine headache tylenol).

I can't say I am too excited at the prospect of Thanksgiving. We are staying home this year, so dinner will include my Mother, Brother, Sister and I. I figure I will make up some unappetizing concoction, grab some of my Mom's dry turkey and give the farm dogs a less than fantastic, but relaxed Thanksgiving. A holiday to remember starring Me, Carson (the ultra-stinky Golden Retriever), Duncan (the annoying, loud Corgi) and 10 horses. Who's bringing the wine?

No comments: