Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Just Be Quiet

I did it again....opened my big mouth and inserted my even bigger foot. I have been doing it a lot lately. I just need to shut my trap and not say anything. I realize that getting to know someone takes time, and with time one learns where the boundaries are for some people. In the meantime, I need to learn to watch what I say....especially when I have been warned about the sensitivity of some people.

I feel terrible. I did not try to hurt my friend's feelings, but I should have kept information to myself that was hurtful. I just did not realize that what another person said would matter at all. It was not my place to open my mouth, but we were laughing and joking and I did not know. Now I know....I just hope it is not too late.

3 comments:

ducki said...

It's hard to know the effect you will have on certain people. Even when you know them extremely well you can't walk on eggshells and hope nothing offends them. Don't be too hard on yourself. Your friend will forgive you if he's a true friend.

zozosma said...

do i know what you're talking about?

sorry it took me so long to get here...i'm slow on the uptake and, well, a bit self-involved lately w/ all that was going on.

zozosma said...

by the way, i'm doing more over at neolittera for a while until we get blogamy back online and what we want...