Monday, May 07, 2007

The Good, The Bad and the Rude

It was an interesting weekend. After work Friday, I had to rush to the mall to find a bra that wouldn't show under the low-cut dress I was wearing to a wedding, and some nylons that I was dreading to wear. When I am on a mission at the mall, get out of my way! I do not have time for people strolling about shooting the shit, or half-dressed teenagers standing around either flirting or mocking each other. I want to get in, grab what I need and get the hell out, especially when I have dinner plans with my Love and an impatient 5 year old. :)

I am making head-way with little J-bird. She sat on my side of the table, giving Daddy a much needed break from telling her to sit still. I taught her a new word game and watched her munch on steak tips. Funny to watch a young kid enjoy steak so much. We had a nice evening, though she was upset I would not stay in her bed and watch a movie, but I do need to spent time with the Big Kid too.

Saturday was my friend's wedding in New Jersey. I have not seen Franky in so long, it was great to see him smiling. The wedding was amazing, more food than I have ever seen and open bar all night....always adds to the fun. It was nice to have someone special to join me. S had a good time and was very patient with a rather drunk man at the table, who informed S that if I lived in NJ, this guy and I would definitely be dating. TD is a hoot, but first off, I don't date men who work for the same company I do and he is bit too wild for me. What a riot though, never will meet anyone like him. Those nylons I ran to the mall to buy....halfway through the reception, they ended up in the trash receptacle in the ladies room. I was all set with that damn uncomfortable crap on me. Like I told S, "They had to go." It was great to meet Franky's bride, and some guys from the company I have spoken to so many times, but never had the pleasure of meeting in person. Overall, a very nice time.

Sunday was a day to crash. We got home from NJ in the early afternoon and it was too cold outside to get any motivation to either do yard work or go to the barn. The horses were fine without me. I think I may be a bad influence on my Love though....not like him to not get right to work. Hee hee. Eh, it's good for him to be lazy once in a great while. We enjoyed each other's company, nothing better on a chilly Sunday afternoon.

Something I found somewhat hurtful was said to me last night. A friend of S is pregnant, due at the end of the month. I have had a feeling she was not too keen on me from the beginning, but I ignored it. Last night, as we talked about her having her baby, she turned to me and said I would "never be able to handle having a baby." I did not respond, not worth it, but how does one make that statement, not knowing anything about me. She is having her second baby and she is younger than myself, and I do not have any children, does that make me somehow incapable? I have found that women who have children can sometimes think that those who do not are somehow not as tough or even not as "good a woman". Whether I want children someday or not, I know I could "handle" giving birth and I would be a good mother. I just think that she does not think before she speaks and that was a rude thing to say. I wish people would try to think before they open their mouths, especially to someone they barely know. Ah well, I still hope her all the best with her baby, maybe it will help her mature some. I will chock her spoiled brat behavior of recent to hormones...we'll see after she gives birth if her behavior changes.

1 comment:

Melina said...

Sounds like you had a nice time at the wedding. I hate wearing nylons too. Especially when it starts getting warmer out here. (btw I'm in MA too, I just don't post it).

That's great that the little J-bird is starting to warm up to you more. Kids are funny, they put up a guard but when they let you in they whole heartly do it.

Screw that women who is pregnant, she's probably just jealous that you are not tied down with one kid and one more on the way, you mention she is younger, she probably feels that she missed out on a ton of stuff, and instead of having a good attitude, she tries to put people who are childless down. You were stronger then I would've been by not saying anything, I probably would've said something like, "Oh honey I can handle it, but I choose not too right now, because I love having my weekends free of poop and spit up, but you go ahead and think what you want, I'm going to have another drink." (or something like that). Keep your chin up and don't let people like that get you down.