Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Scarecrow....Here I Come

I found a way to listen to my internet radio again (don't tell the tech geeks at corporate), and there was one of those annoying interruption beeps, followed by a warning. There is a TORNADO watch for the area until 6pm! A damn tornado...in Rhode Island...are you kidding me? So, goodbye to all, my little red sneaker (my Toyota Matrix) and I will be blown away, and off to Oz. With my luck, I will land slam-dunk in the middle of that haunted forest with the trees that slap you and chuck apples at your head. I am always hungry...that would just be so wrong. Emeralds are my favorite stone though, so I would love Emerald City. I hope I get to see a "horse of a different color".....unlike my whacko mare, "a horse with a looney mind."

Ok, I realize the chances of a major tornado are slim, but the thought is far more interesting than simply having to drive home in the pouring rain, with the forecasted hale blinding me as I try to navigate through a roadway which notoriously floods.

I finally convinced My Love to let me take his dogs to the vet for their annual appointment. They need to go soon and he works so much, he can not find the time to even make the appointment. He did not want to put me out and have me deal with two goofy labs. Please! I think I can handle it, I want to do something helpful. Honestly, I do not do much for him, from what I can see. He lets me stay in his beautiful home whenever I want, I can use any of his trucks if I need them, he buys me dinner all the time and is always making me smile. Taking the two blondes to the vet is the least I can do. I am NOT tying them into the back of the truck though, they will have to travel in my little car. Maybe they won't decide to blow their entire winter coats into my upholstery, nor will they drool all over my windows. Yeah, right! Oh well, it's for my guy. Besides, I am sure with a slight smile and pleading eyes, he would love to vac out the car for me afterwards. :-)

No comments: