Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Nada Mucho

Not that this thought really relates to anything important, but am I the only person who thinks the song "Ticks" by Brad Paisley is slightly disturbing? Ok, maybe it's just me. Ticks have always totally wigged me out, so the fact that he is singing about picking them off a girl after she walks through a field totally grosses me out. I know...utterly irrelavent, but it was on my mind. :-)

Not too much is new in my little world. I have not been feeling great the past couple of days, constantly cold (what else is new) and just feeling drained....just another sign of my desperate need for a vacation. I am on the outs again with the family (again, what else is new?). I got home, after another long, crappy-ass day at work, to find my sister's car in my parking spot. I know, it may seem petty, but as I pay half the mortgage and my name is on the mortgage, and I have parked in that spot for the past 5 years of owning this home, I think her taking my spot was rude. As a matter of principle, I had her car moved. Am I wrong? She already lives in my house for free, despite my not wanting her there. I think the least she can do is stay the hell out of my spot and use some other part of our rather extensive driveway. I did not have a fit, I merely stated to Mom that I would not tolerate her taking over my spot and it needs to be moved. It was moved by the time I arrived home from the barn. I am sure Mom moved it, especially since it was tucked into the side of the driveway and not out in the middle, blocking everyone, as my sister normally parks. Am I a petty bitch? Maybe, but tough shit. I did offer for her to leave me a check for half the mortgage and she could leave her car in my spot. Alas, apparently contributing to the household wasn't acceptable for the Princess.

On a more positive note, the latest book for bookclub is actually pretty good. "Prodigal Summer" by Barbara Kingsolver is fairly amusing, describing the lives of two very witty women and two elderly neighbors, who's interactions have made me laugh more than once. I am really enjoying it, though only have a week to finish the book, which is over 500 pages. I am a slow reader, and with my schedule, I only have my 40 minutes at lunch to read. I am worried I will not finish in time for our meeting. I think this weekend I will find a quiet spot and relax with my book. After our reading so many "self-help" type books in the group, it is fun to finally read something for sheer entertainment. It has been a long time since I actually laughed out loud while reading anything other than an email or a blog. We are also having a psychic come to one of the upcoming meetings. I am both excited and nervous at the prospect of a psychic reading. If anything, it will certainly be interesting to hear.

1 comment:

Melina said...

A friend and I have been wanting to start a book club. We are starting a walking club right now, meeting on Saturdays and picking different parts of MA to walk around.

No you have every right to be pissed about your sister parking in your spot. Why the hell doesn't your mom make her pay for her share, I guess since you own half the house it's not like you can move out. I'm sorry you have to deal with this kind of BS.