Monday, January 08, 2007

A Test?

I am really trying to think positive, but when my beloved dog of 10years looks up at me with fear in her eyes and falls to the ground, my hope tends to fluctuate to despair. Kayla is my baby-girl. She was caught in a coyote trap, very scared, and not trusting anyone, and after a month, finally came to trust me and only me. I will never forget the day this 70lb American Bulldog, who growled frightened at everyone, climbed onto my lap in the pound and kissed my face. From that point on, Kayla and I have been best buds. I spent six months working with her to get into a car and after a year in the dog pound, I finally took her home. She is the most kind-hearted, fun-loving dog I have ever met, and I love her with all my being. Now she is quite ill and I don't know what to do to make her better. She has these dizzy spells lately and the fear in her face cuts me to my core. Tomorrow we are going to see the vet and try to find out what is wrong. I am so frightened for her, but I will not make her suffer. I love her, I pray she can be treated and get better. No matter what the doctor says, my baby-girl will not hurt....even if I die inside.

1 comment:

zozosma said...

these times are so hard, i know it just rips you up to watch when one of our furry babies is not feeling well and/or hurting. we're here fo you if we can do anything. i hope the vet can help you figure out what's going on with kayla. take care and let us know how things are.