Wednesday, January 03, 2007

To Be or Not to Be..............Me

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Unknown.

2007 is going to bring some much needed change, but I am nervous. I know, I am always nervous...What else is new? I would like my worry and lack of confidence in my decisions to be part of the change. I have some new people in my life, I would like them to know me, not what I can pretend to be. Is it safe? I ask myself..."who am I?" I could say, I am me..but what makes up "me". The scientist in me says millions of tiny energy particles, atoms, are what make me. This statement is true, but what does it really say? I am part of everything...again, not saying much. I am a soon-to-be 30 year old female...nothing special there. So, what about me is hard to grasp?

Some would say I am quiet and shy, some would say I am extremely friendly and social. Some would say I am cranky and don't know how to have fun, some would say I am a riot and make everyone laugh. I am smart, I am an air-head. I am cute, I am "frumpy" (to quote my sister). I am reliable and hard-working, I am completely scatterbrained and senile. I am sexy, I am a total dork. I am confident and willing to take risks, I am consumed by fear.

All those statements are true. It depends on the time of day, the time of year, my current location, the company I have. With all that said, who am I? I am a reflection of those whom I contact and how that person makes me feel. I am part of everything, yet feel a connection with nothing at times.

I am confused, yet very willing to learn. I have time....energy is forever.

No comments: