Thursday, January 18, 2007

Traversing the Jungle

My Bandwagon feels as though it is currently rolling through a South American Jungle at top speed. There is nothing smooth about it and I am having a hard time holding on. My back is a complete mess, even Dr. Crankinpuss couldn't fix it and I can barely walk. Kayla is getting sick from her meds and needs to be let out every half hour. My sister is moving back home this weekend and I haven't had the time, nor the physical ability to remove my computer and other belongings from the spare room. To top it all off....this is my birthday weekend. I think I should just ignore it. I had to put the cabosh on making any plans to go away with my friends. Even without my back being a mess, I do not want to leave Kayla for any length of time. I do have tentative plans for dinner and a movie...something relaxing. I think that would be nice. I have been so upset and cranky lately, having someone who can make me smile through the pain is amazing and most appreciated.

The hour drive to work is too much for me at this time. I put in for tomorrow off, still waiting to hear. I feel terrible as I was off Monday for Kayla, Wednesday for my back and need tomorrow off. I finished all my work today by noontime, so it should not be too detrimental to the team, but they seem to think the world will end if I am not sitting here waiting for them to give me work. I am really tired of the old "hurry up and wait." Tomorrow I need to rest. I have no plans for the evening, so I can just stay in my room and try to relax my back. I have to get better.....ASAP!

No comments: